RIVER FORECASTS (NOAA)
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
South Central New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania (Binghamton, NY)
Central Pennsylvania (State College, PA)
Northeastern Maryland (Mount Holly, NJ)
WATCHES, WARNINGS, AND ADVISORIES (NOAA)
- Flood Watch: The potential exists for river or stream flooding. Monitor news media and be prepared to act. Move valuables to higher ground.
- Flood Warning: River or stream flooding is imminent or actually occurring. Know where the flooding is in relation to you and prepare to evacuate immediately.
FLASH FLOOD INFORMATION (NOAA)
- Flash Flood Watch: Conditions are ripe for flash-flooding in the area – not necessarily limited to riverside areas. Watch for heavy rain or rising streams and culverts. Prepare to evacuate immediately.
- Flash Flood Warning: Flash flooding is imminent or occurring. Leave flood-prone areas (which could be as close as a culvert or creek near your house), but DO NOT travel through flood waters.
- Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory: Minor flooding is expected. Such floods cause significant inconvenience, like blocked underpasses and flooded roads. They can be life-threatening if you don’t use basic caution.
- Flood or Flash Flood Statement: The flooding has already occurred, and this information will update you on new dangers, revisions of flooded areas and other information.